Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Friday, December 22, 2006

In a platypus' garden

The platypus made the trek up from Durham to NYC with me and currently resides in our living room. (He has no garden per se, just a little ivy-patterned pillow sham that my mom made for me.) Today, he's modeling the Seaweed and Shells scarf that I knitted for my mom. It's weird--I think I prefer the look of the one with the wrong-headed (wrong-handed?) yarnovers, but maybe that's just because the whole thing is bigger. I used Rowan's Cashsoft Baby DK (all these "cash" names are kinda funny, given that the yarn contains maybe 10% cashmere). Still, it's super-soft (more so than the comparable Debbie Bliss stuff, I think) and machine-washable, and even better, it came from the gaping maw that is my yarn stash. Who am I kidding? I'm just making room for more.

This was knitted over a week or so of night shifts...because honestly, nights are often busy, but there's also a lot of down time. It comes in chunks that are too small to do anything major (like study--or so I tell myself), but enough to knit a couple of rows here and there.

In other news, I got an invitation to my first interview for rheumatology fellowship! It's sometime in January. I have to go dig out the suits and sensible heels--here we go again.

Comments on "In a platypus' garden"

 

post a comment