Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Clapotis est fini!

Well, nearly. I have to weave in the ends...not so bad this time because I learned a new trick halfway through--Russian join. It really worked well with this yarn, the SWTC Bamboo.

I recently joined a stash busting ring (not that I have a huge stash, just an overactive imagination and a need for spurring on here and there), and it motivated me to finish clapotis. So, without further ado, here she is!

I couldn't wait for her to block, so that's a glance in the dim light of the bathroom...This picture, in natural light, is closer to the true color of the yarn. It's also a pre-blocking photo, but I didn't block all that much--just to get a little more length out of it.


I expected the bamboo yarn to be slippery and silky, but it wasn't really. It does have a nice sheen, a little fuzz, and a slinky drape...and feels a little crunchy. It's pretty nice to knit with, but my needle kept catching on the strands and pulling them loose. I think for clapothree, I'll stick to wool.

I think I may go back to a few small projects again before starting yet another shawl. ;)

Comments on "Clapotis est fini!"

 

Blogger melissa said ... (1:13 PM) : 

aruni! that's gorgeous. i love that yarn!

p.s. you've got a lot of noro in your stash! :)

 

Blogger Kristin said ... (4:17 PM) : 

it is gorgeous! you always knit such beautiful and elegant things!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Hi Aruni! What a beautiful Clapotis! Mine is still languishing in a drawer after running out of yarn :-(

Many greetings from your secret pal!

 

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said ... (2:56 PM) : 

The clap is beautiful. Nicely done!

 

post a comment