Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I have an imaginary friend!

I mean, a secret pal. Mike seems to think that they're the same thing. Anyway, hello to my secret pal (wow, I sound like a dork) on the chance that you are reading this. Knittyboard is running a little swap, and I'm currently dreaming up stuff to send to my secret pal, as well as creative ways to communicate with her without giving away my (secret) identity. (I'm getting strange flashbacks of Jerry O'Connell...)

We filled out questionnaires to try and give people an idea of our likes and dislikes...and I recently realized that I left one blank because I wanted to think about the answer, and never answered it! The question was "what music do you listen to when you're happy?"...Well, nothing in particular, I guess, or everything. I mean, music makes me happy, but I don't put on specific music to suit my mood (except when I want to feel sad and lovelorn, and then I put on 69 Love Songs, disc 2). I've recently bought a few new albums, which I hadn't done in a while, and those are

  • Oppenheimer - s/t (great electropoppy stuff)

  • Irving - Death in the Garden, Blood on the Flowers (not as good as the first two, but it has its moments)

  • the Shins - Wincing the Night Away (also not as good as the first two...a little disappointing, actually, but probably deserves another listen)

  • the Rosebuds - Birds Make Good Neighbors (darker than their other stuff, but still good)

Right now, I'm sitting in the clinic, and none of my patients are showing up, which is a nice reprieve for once (usually things are horrendously busy)...I guess Tuesday is a slow day. Sadly, my clinic month is ending, and so are my days of being able to sleep until 7:30AM, knit during lectures, dress in jeans because I'm not seeing patients, and have two weekend days off in a row (!).

Lastly, I finished another small project, which is a variation on Miss Dashwood. I knit it in super-soft (but somewhat pilly) Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton, skipped the bobbles, and instead created eyelets through which I could thread some ribbon. I really like the picot cast-on edge--if I knit this again, I'll probably cast on a nice round number to make the picot points, eyelets, and decreases evenly spaced. I only wish I could borrow a baby to model it rather than stuffing it with some tissue paper and hoping for the best.

The table, strangely enough, gives a pretty accurate snapshot into my life--a Step 3 review book for whenever I get around to that, the reflection of a bottle of wine (Tempranillo, a nice Spanish red), my newest WIP (Dayflower scarf), and Diary of a Madman, which I haven't started yet but which seems somehow appropriate. ;)

Comments on "I have an imaginary friend!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 AM) : 

Yes, I'm here -- I'm watching you! (ooh, that sounds much creepier than I meant it to). Glad your schedule has been a bit easier lately, hope you can find some good knitting time!
Your Secret Pal

 

Blogger Jodi said ... (1:30 PM) : 

That is one cute hat! I like it much better with the ribbon and without the bobbles.

 

post a comment