Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Friday, February 02, 2007

If at first you don't succeed...

So the second time's the charm, eh? This was my first attempt at the dayflower lace scarf--not a huge disaster, but at the same time, only vaguely similar to the original. I didn't think much of it until a few months later, when I discovered I was doing my yarnovers all wrong--back-asswards, in fact. How embarrassing. Anyway, this one is knit in K1C2 Richesse et Soie--only one ball of soft, smooth, shiny cashmere and silk yarn. I wish I had a few for a more substantial project, but I think this one was dug out from a yarn store's bargain bin. Another small stash victory for me!

Comments on "If at first you don't succeed..."

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (11:51 AM) : 

That's really pretty!

 

Blogger Kim said ... (12:27 PM) : 

I really like the pattern. Thanks for sharing your scarf.

 

Blogger SaraSkates said ... (12:34 PM) : 

It looks great! And I'm adding it to my queue ;)

 

Blogger Code Purl said ... (4:33 PM) : 

The scarf is really beautiful and I love that yarn. Isn't that a good feeling to get it right on the second try?

 

post a comment