Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Monday, February 12, 2007

Mademoiselle Chelsea Hotel...

As I completed my umpteenth lacy scarf (Brooke's Column of Leaves scarf), the 6ths song "Yet Another Girl," popped into my head. Yet another scarf, you know?

It looks a bit better blocked than it did when I was knitting it, but in future I'll probably use less variegated yarns for this kind of thing. The picture shown on the pattern webpage looks great in variegated yarn, but maybe the contrast in this yarn (GGH top print, a DK alpaca) is too much? Or maybe it's just that the separation between the leaves is not very clear. I'm still planning to knit Liesel, but I think I'll probably use Araucania Nature Wool for it--the gradations in color are more subtle, and the yarn isn't as fuzzy (our futon is covered in pink alpaca fluff!).

I printed out the pattern for Broad Street mittens from knitty, but I couldn't get gauge with the Karabella Majestic yarn that I have without looking into some seriously tiny needles. I can't really understand why, because I was using size 3 DPNS and still getting 22 st/4 in...I guess I'm just very loose. ;) Anyway, I poked around a bit and found this pattern on MagKnits which looks a little bulkier but a lot easier to comprehend...So I think I'll give it a whirl.

Comments on "Mademoiselle Chelsea Hotel..."

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (7:08 AM) : 

The Broad Street mittens are worth the effort... so useful when getting in and out of the car, shopping, and whatnot. I think I ended up using 1's or 2's... what can I say... I'm a loose knitter, too!

 

post a comment