Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Chocomel, o chocomel...

Despite my pretensions at adulthood, I have to admit I have a few kid-like tendencies. I often stubbornly refuse to go to bed, and let myself fall asleep on the couch instead. I have been known, on occasion, to send my rubber ducky for a swim in the tub. And I love chocolate milk. Those of you who dislike chocolate and/or milk can skip ahead one paragraph.



I've had chocomel once before--when I was in Belgium and the Netherlands with a group of student carillonneurs. It's lovely. It's better than Hershey, better than YooHoo, Nestle, and all the other imposters on the supermarket shelf. Yumm. That was six years ago, though, so imagine my surprise when a bundle of yarn arrived in my mailbox--and stashed among it was two boxes of chocomel. :) A neat trick, since, as it turned out, I'd been craving chocolate milk again, and had gone to the store to buy some Hershey's. Guess which one(s) I drank first?



Anyway, there was much other loveliness within. A lovely skein of purple hand-dyed yarn. I wish I could capture the colors on camera. I'm not sure what I should do with it.


This pretty skein of soft burgundy wool yarn. It looks like it would make very nice wrist warmers.


And a bunch of other goodies, including a cute little i-cord maker, some yummy sour candies (now long gone), and some hand cream for my poor winter-parched hands. All beautiful and thoughtful gifts from my knitty secret pal--thanks so much!



It purported to come from the southwest United States, but the chocomel gave it away!

Comments on "Chocomel, o chocomel..."

 

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Hi! It's so nice to read your blog. Thank you for entering a name in my contest. I will post the winner in April, so check back.

 

Blogger melissa said ... (12:09 PM) : 

that yarn is seriously pretty! and now you've made me want to try chocomel. :)

 

post a comment