Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Another girl, another planet

Mike said he had "Don't Stop Believing" in his head for two days straight after the Sopranos finale...I nearly suffered the same fate, but managed to shunt it into the Only Ones' "Another Girl, Another Planet." Does anyone else hear similarities between the two?

I do feel a bit dissociated lately--I've been working nights for the last week and thus have been even less able to interact with the outside world than usual. On the plus side, I finally finished a few projects. The first is Liesel, which, yes, I was able to knit without singing "I am 16 going on 17" or shouting "Wheee!" at the end. It a little more orangey-orange in this photo than in real life. It wasn't the most enjoyable knit, mostly because it didn't have the redeeming quality of other lace that I've done--that is, half of the rows being mindless purling. I love the leaf pattern, though, and in person it looks like mottled autumn leaves.

The other project is the Wave and Shell shawl, earmarked for Mike's mom--although now that it's done, I feel a bit shy about giving it to her...I just think the colors might be a little garish. It was a fairly mindless knit, just a little variation on the Feather and Fan pattern, and I think it's a good idea for variegated yarns. It's not the best picture, I know, but I'm still not quite sure about it. It looks good in closeup, though.

Blocking on the living room floor right now is the Promenade Bag (with some modifications). It was a fun knit, with the exception of the linen yarn, which, while pretty, was a little tough on the hands. I still have to seam it and stitch on the handles, but I think it'll be really cute!

Comments on "Another girl, another planet"

 

Blogger Code Purl said ... (8:29 PM) : 

Nice shawls! Can't wait to see your Promenade Bag.

 

Blogger Mallory said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Wow, both of those are so pretty!! And thank you for commenting on my blog :)

 

post a comment