Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When in doubt, knit lace

I posted this question on the knittyboard, but thought I'd solicit more opinions. I had been planning to make my mother a Flower Basket Shawl, but somehow managed to misplace the yarn i was going to use. It's somewhere, I know...along with the other random items that seem to have disappeared during the move.

Anyway, I do have a lovely hefty hank of Sea Silk in Mineral (black/browns/grays), and would like to use it for a shawl instead. It's about 150 g and 660 yards...I just don't know if I want to make the FBS with it, since I want to use up most of the skein and it seems like it might end up rather large.

So I found few other patterns that might work:

Moonlight Sonata Shawl
Luna Moth Shawl (has the added benefit of being a reference to The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
Sea and Shells Stole (basically Print o' the Wave without the edging)

Any thoughts?

Comments on "When in doubt, knit lace"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 AM) : 

I used a skein that size for the Tuscany shawl and had about 3 yards left. Sizing was perfect for me.

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (6:31 AM) : 

I like the Luna Moth pattern.

 

post a comment