Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Sunday, July 15, 2007

It takes a lot to laugh...

...it takes a train to cry. The song has been stuck in my head for the last few hours, uselessly, while I try to think of upbeat, cheerful songs to send to a close friend who's going through a rough patch right now. It seems like most of the songs I find inspirational are love songs--and a lot of those are sad love songs!--which aren't really appropriate in this case. I came up with this list, but it's unsatisfying:

mirah - person person
yo la tengo - sugarcube
wilco - heavy metal drummer
beulah - well, I can't decide which beulah song is appropriate, but I think one deserves to go in here. i imagine it'll be "if we can land a man on the moon, surely i can win your heart"
the delgados - everybody come down
daniel lanois - shine
lambchop - up with people
love - alone again or
super furry animals - venus and serena
the wedding present - make me smile (come up and see me)
stereolab - lo boob oscillator

Help!

Anyway, I haven't really been updating because I no longer have a decent camera to hand...I've still been knitting--I finished a teeny version of My So-Called Scarf which will be frogged in favor of a better use of the yarn, and also one of those cute (not-)Totoro bonnets from Hello Yarn.

Right now I'm blocking the Baby Bolero from One Skein. I upsized it by about 1/4 because I thought it'd be silly to make something that fits a newborn (i.e. fits for 10 minutes) and used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Somerset. I had to make a few changes after making ridiculously deep sleeves, and I followed the general advice of not binding off and seaming everything together (too much work for a baby garment!). There are still a lot of ends to be woven in...

It's very pretty, although blocking it made it substantially bigger than I'd expected, so it looks like it'll fit a 1 year old rather than a 6 month old! Not such a bad thing--I just hope the wool fluffs up again when it's dry, because the fabric, which was nice and squishy, is pretty thin right now.

So the only thing left on the needles is Midwest Moonlight. And since I promised myself I could cast on for something when I only had one project left, next up is Mystery Stole 3. I'm excited--there have been some beautiful pictures cropping up on the web so far!

Comments on "It takes a lot to laugh..."

 

Blogger yubomination said ... (9:46 PM) : 

aw, I want to see pictures!

 

Blogger Dame Wendy said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Hey you! Thought I'd pop in to say hello. =)

A song that always cheers me up is You Get What You Give by The New Radicals. Good stuff.

Too funny, I'm frogging my so called scarf too. The yarn definitely needs to be something else. Right now it's a scarf I'll never wear, just look at.

 

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Oh boy, I can understand the lack of a camera, it impacted my thrill to blog. Hopefully you will have a camera soon.

I bought two skeins of Manos and have frogged everything I have started including My So Called and a simple YO, P2TOG pattern. Sigh.

Just stopping by to thank you for participating in the Ribbit Contest. The contest ends this Friday, so I should have a winner then and after that I am having another contest. heheh...

 

Blogger Code Purl said ... (5:40 PM) : 

That's a shame coming from the blogger who recommended a camera to me! What's your next project going to be? I have 4 words for you: No more lace scarves!

 

Blogger Nikki said ... (6:54 AM) : 

I've got no song recommendations for you, but I still have to send you your prize for the song you recommended to me. Email me so we can get it worked out.

 

post a comment