Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Monday, March 17, 2008

Now in technicolor!

It's been so long since I last posted that I feel like I should start with an apology. Not so much for being away, but for intruding again...It's just that I can't seem to keep this up with any regularity, and thus feel like an imposter in a way.

Nevertheless, I have done some knitting in the last few months. This is the Lotus Blossom Tank, and yes, that is my belly button showing. It's funny how some of the little details (e.g. wear a tank under this top) don't really intrude until you see your work in a photograph. It was a nice knit, although the bamboo is a little tough on the hands, and the six lace repeats followed by four inches of stockinette was a little mind-numbing. I do appreciate the minimal finishing, but I hadn't counted on picking up stitches and edging the sleeves and neck.


My other project is somewhat secret - aptly enough, being Mystery Stole #3 (a.k.a. Swan Lake). It's for a friend who's to be married this summer, although I don't think she reads this blog. I think it's gorgeous (althoug less so in this little shrunken preview that blogger made), even if it's a little shorter than I'd expected. I used a fairly fine laceweight and small needles (US3) so the next time I knit lace I'll probably opt for something a little more substantial...and use larger needles! To the right is a sneak peak.

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone.

Comments on "Now in technicolor!"

 

Blogger Code Purl said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Yay for the return of Aruni! The tank fits you really well and that shawl is amazing...

 

Blogger Anne-Caroline Norman said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Hi Aruni! The tank looks beautiful on you, and what a pretty stole!

 

Blogger Stickyfingers said ... (7:23 AM) : 

Hey Aruni -- the stole blocks out really nice and long if you give it a severe blocking. Mine was shockingly short until I blocked it . . . now it's a perfect length!

 

post a comment