Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties (a.k.a. "Leaf")

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Taste the happy!

Lookit--I knit a cardigan! It was a small project, the cropped cardigan with leaf ties from last year's spring Knitty, but I'm still pretty happy with my ability to create a garment that I can wear in public without embarrassment. I made a few modifications, most notably to decrease the depth of the scoopneck and increase the length of the cardi, which I think generally make it less trendy but probably something that I'd wear more than once...The only thing that confuses me is that despite doing a slip-stitch edge and blocking like crazy, I still have rolly stockinette edges. Oh, well.

Right now, I'm working on Hanami, which is an absolutely gorgeous stole pattern, using the
luxurious Sea Silk that I bought some time ago. So shiny...and it knits up really nicely, with a lovely sheen. I have a few more skeins in the stash which I think will work really well for the other shawls I have planned for the future. I'm thinking my next project will either be fair isle mittens, or maybe the Sunrise Circle Jacket (pdf)...depending on how ambitious I am.

Comments on "Taste the happy!"

 

Blogger Code Purl said ... (4:54 AM) : 

Awesome cardigan. I was just going to say congrats on knitting something other than a lacy shawl when I read about your current project. LOL! That is quite an ambitious undertaking. I gave up on the Little Leaf pattern for my scarf and am going for something much simpler. Maybe one day I can aspire to the heights of your lace knitting abilities.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

Your work is really impressive. I do some primitive stitching and some (poor) knitting and I can't tell yet if I'm encouraged or discouraged by your ability. Ha. I was looking at your 6ths-inspired post in the archive and was wondering if you have "Yet Another Girl" in mp3 format. I heard it on free-form radio a while ago and haven't been able to find it anywhere since. Stephin Merritt is wonderful.
Anyway, keep up the great work!

 

post a comment